CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Banana Bread, an old family recipe

My Mom made this for us when we were kids, and I think it was my Great Grandma Beth's recipe, but I'm not sure on that. What I do know, it's SO GOOD!



Banana Bread

2/3 c. shortening

2 c. sugar

2 eggs

7 ripe bananas, mashed

2 tsp. vanilla

2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. baking powder

pinch salt

4 c. flour

1/3 c. milk (or whipping cream or buttermilk)

brown sugar

nuts, chopped (optional)



Mix shortening & sugar. Add eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla, mix. Add baking soda, baking powder and salt, mix. Add flour and milk, alternating between the two. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan or loaf pans. Sprinkle brown sugar and nuts on top.



Bake at 350 for 45 min. to an hour. Check with a knife. If still gooey, cover with tin foil and finish cooking for 15 min.

1 comments:

thejencooper said...

This is the BEST BANANA BREAD EVEEEERRRR!!! We LOVE it!