CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sweet Tater Pie

Mmmm...I got this recipe from our Georgia Church Cook Book, and the credit for the recipe goes to Corinne Holton. It's Oh so good! We had it at a little potluck last night and I had people making sure that it would be posted on my blog.
I wasn't thrilled with the crust, I just made a simple recipe out of my Betty Crocker cook book, so use whatever you like for the crust...

Sweet Tater Pie
3 large sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
2 sticks butter or margarine, melted
4 eggs
2 c sugar
1/2 tbsp. nutmeg
1/2 tbsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 c. evaporated milk
2 nine inch pie shells

Stir butter into sweet potatoes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly. Pour into pie shells, bake 1 hour at 350.


0 comments: